Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Version 3.0

Today I am becoming... it's hard to admit, but yes... 30 years old... and such dates always seem an opportunity to appraise life. When we enter university and you are not even 20 years old, you typically say what you expect to achieve by the time you are 30. I surely remember those prospects.

Now is the day: have I achieved them?

Let's see: I have successfully graduated from the university, finished my Masters in Fortaleza, Brazil, I got married to a phenomenal guy, I got a scholarship to do my PhD (a longstanding dream) and I am working with a subject that deeply interests me. That's pretty good so far, I guess. But I admit I am a dreamer and I have lots, lots of other expectations for my future.  

I will not talk about all my wishes but I will mention a special one, which is the mystery of wines. I always appreciated but never studied them.  The last one I've had was a very special one: a Portuguese white wine, Planalto Douro. Planalto, as its name suggests ('planalto' is a Portuguese word that means 'plateau' in English), comes from a plateau region of the Douro. Planalto is a high quality, light, delicate and elegant wine. It has fresh flavors and it is intensely fruity. 


1 comment:

Hildeberto Mendonça said...

This wine is wonderful. I tasted it in the photo's occasion. I recommend it. Unfortunately, it isn't easy to find here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!